Salesforce Administrator & Reporting Specialist
About The Iron Yard:
Our vision is to create real, lasting change for people, organizations and their communities.
At The Iron Yard, we’re not only committed to making real, lasting change in people’s lives but we’re also intentional about increasing diversity and inclusion both within our team and in the communities we serve. We are working to break down barriers for people to enter and stay in the tech industry and create access to career pathways by providing support, advocacy, scholarships, and opportunities regardless of background.
Our mission is to connect with people pursuing the craft and lifelong adventure of technology and help equip them with the skills they need to both get started and progress throughout their careers.
Primary function of the role:
The Salesforce Administrator & Reporting Specialist works with the leadership team to define requirements and to build reports that support The Iron Yard’s internal student enrollment team. This person will work to ensure that salesforce.com admin and reporting activities are shared with the appropriate team members on schedule.This person will also be responsible for executing day-to-day configuration, training, maintenance and general support or improvement to the platform.
What you’ll do:
- Build custom Salesforce reports to support the student enrollment and leadership teams
- Prioritize and resolve internal support requests by The Iron Yard users
- Third party integration: maintain our Salesforce integrations with various marketing and internal tools and manage setup of new third party integrations.
- Carry out administration duties including security and configuration
- Work with internal teams to develop and document clear, testable requirements
- Oversee the feature request/support backlog and work with the Director/Leader to prioritize and execute
- Train team members on how to effectively build, access and use reports, dashboards and reporting/analytics tools
- Identify best-practices supporting business performance objectives
- Identify systems and process barriers to generate ideas for improvement
- Support and train team members and end-users on how to effectively use both Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Assist in defining required features and mapping Salesforce.com features to business processes
- Implement enhancements and roll-out new features to the Salesforce.com platform
- Create and maintain on-going documentation processes as business needs evolve or features are added
You might be a fit for the role if:
- You have 2 years experience with Salesforce.com Administration
- You have 2 years experience with reporting and dashboarding
- You have a strong understanding of Salesforce.com best-practices and functionality
- You’re able to work both independently and in a team environment
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- You’ve got strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You really care about making a difference in education and in people’s lives
Bonus points if you:
- Have an intermediate to advanced Excel skills: use of vlookups, pivot tables, and data manipulation
- Have an understanding of relational databases and data integration tools
- Have development and maintenance experience in Visualforce, AppExchange Apps, Force.com pages
- 100% paid medical and dental coverage for you and your family
- Make saving for your future simple with our 401(k) and generous 4% match
- Unlimited time off and paid holidays for you to rest and relax
- Access to internal training and upskilling materials and programs
- Yearly seminar and conference allowance to continue your education