If you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to the local tech community in a meaningful way, then this job was custom-made for you. This position is a 6 month, full time position with benefits! This is an opportunity to strengthen both hard and soft skills while helping others succeed in the program.
The Iron Yard makes real, lasting change in people’s lives and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion with both our team and the people we serve. We are working to break down barriers for people to enter and stay in the tech industry and create access to career pathways by providing support, advocacy, scholarships, and opportunities regardless of background.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Instructor will support students with their learning objectives and project work while aiding the Instructors with assessing and grading assignments. While Associate Instructors do not administer lectures, they play an important role in helping students with their learning journey. By helping them with their assignments and troubleshooting code bugs, they are critical in promoting successful student outcomes.
Additionally, the Associate Instructor will strengthen their own knowledge and skills, by running crash courses and workshops at the campus on a regular basis. Although this is a full time role, the Associate Instructor will enjoy 5-7 hours a week of on-going technical and softskill training, to support and promote their own career objectives.
- Graduate of an Iron Yard program and have completed a Portfolio Project (preferred)
- Junior level knowledge of the course material
- You are excited about joining the movement to increase diversity in tech
- You really care about making a difference in education
- Available normal business hours, and one night per week M-R.
- Able to commit to a 6 month time period
- You’ve run an in-person or online workshop
- You have previous teaching experience
- You participated in the open source development process
- You’ve spoken at conferences and/or meetups
- You have experience or passion in web accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Weekly training allotment
- Medical and dental benefits