About The Iron Yard:
Our vision is to create real, lasting change for people, organizations and their communities.
At The Iron Yard, we’re not only committed to making real, lasting change in people’s lives but we’re also intentional about increasing diversity and inclusion both within our team and in the communities we serve. We are working to break down barriers for people to enter and stay in the tech industry and create access to career pathways by providing support, advocacy, scholarships and opportunities, regardless of background.
Our mission is to connect with people pursuing the craft and lifelong adventure of technology and help equip them with the skills they need to both get started and progress throughout their careers. Learn more here.
Primary functions of this role:
The HR Generalist will join The Iron Yard’s HR and recruiting team to carry out best practices regarding hiring, onboarding, benefits enrollment, payroll and other HR related duties as assigned.
What you’ll do:
- Payroll and payroll tax administration
- Compile reports such as internal management reports and annual total compensation statements
- Respond to employee requests/concerns regarding various topics such as pay, garnishments, benefits, taxes, etc
- Manage timecard process for hourly staff members
- Act as the subject matter expert for the management team on payroll and tax related topics
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Manage affirmative action reporting and compliance
- Manage ACA reporting and compliance
- Manage the company's E-Verify process
- Manages PTO and maternity/paternity leave of absence requests
- Manages 401(k) Retirement Plan enrollments and terminations
- Assists with maintaining human resource information system records and documents
- Assist with new hire onboarding and offboarding
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation
- Identify and comply with legal requirements and government reporting regulations
- Work as part of the team to ensure all human resource and payroll needs are addressed
You might be a fit for the role if...
- You’re detail oriented
- You’re a self starter who needs little direction
- You’ve got experience in payroll tax, data entry and processing payroll
- You enjoy people and are a strong communicator both in print and in person
Bonus points if…
- You have experience with ADP Workforce Now
- You’re passionate about diversity and inclusion
- You are passionate about tech and care about making a difference in education
- You believe in our mission and want to be an active participant in building our culture
- You have a good attitude and a sense of humor!
- 100% paid medical and dental coverage for you and your family
- Make saving for your future simple with our 401(k) and generous 4% match
- Unlimited time off and paid holidays for you to rest and relax
- Yearly seminar and conference allowance to continue your education