Admissions Contact Specialist
Our vision is to create real, lasting change for people, organizations and their communities.
At The Iron Yard, we love people and the potential they have to make a significant impact on the world. We provide a solution at the juncture of supply, demand, business and a broken education system. We are committed to training the highest-quality technology professionals in the world, both in skill and in character.
Our mission is to connect with people pursuing the craft and lifelong adventure of technology and help equip them with the skills they need to both get started and progress throughout their careers.
Make sure you watch this video to get a picture of who we are and what we do
Primary function of the role:
The Admissions Contact Specialist will handle general information requests in the form of emails, phone calls, social media messages and web chats. This person will act as a ‘virtual receptionist,’ addressing online (and some in person) inquiries and providing tools and resources to educate interested students.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for potential students, giving them timely and accurate information about The Iron Yard’s programs and admissions process
- Stay up to date with The Iron Yard’s courses, materials and outcomes in order to educate potential students about our offerings
- Consistently monitor The Iron Yard’s general information email inbox, phone line, social media accounts and online chat in order to respond in a timely manner
- Advise and guide potential students regarding educational programs, financial options, and resources from The Iron Yard to achieve educational and career goals
- Direct individuals to other members of The Iron Yard team as needed and in accordance with the admissions process
- Be familiar with rules and regulations regarding communication with potential students
- Document all interactions with students within company information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
You might be a fit if…
- You have experience addressing requests for information in the form of email, phone and online chat functions (1 year preferred)
- You have worked in a call center setting, often handling several requests at one time (1 year preferred)
- You enjoy people and are a strong communicator both in print and in person.
- You are able to share our story and discuss the value proposition and the unique culture of The Iron Yard.
- You are a great listener and can quickly respond to questions and concerns
- You are passionate about tech and making a difference through education
- You have fun at work!
- 1 year experience in sales or customer service, contact or call center roles, with chat support highly desirable.
- 100% paid medical and dental coverage for you and your family
- Make saving for your future simple with our 401(k) and generous 4% match
- Unlimited time off and paid holidays for you to rest and relax
- Yearly seminar and conference allowance to continue your education