Student Engagement Manager
Our vision is to create real, lasting change for people, organizations and their communities.
At The Iron Yard, we’re not only committed to making real, lasting change in people’s lives but we’re also intentional about increasing diversity and inclusion both within our team and in the communities we serve. We are working to break down barriers for people to enter and stay in the tech industry and create access to career pathways by providing support, advocacy, scholarships, and opportunities regardless of background.
Our mission is to connect with people pursuing the craft and lifelong adventure of technology and help equip them with the skills they need to both get started and progress throughout their careers. Learn more here.
Primary function of this role:As the Student Enrollment Representative, you will generate a high volume of qualified leads from various sources, in order to recruit, grow, strengthen, and enroll as many quality students as possible.
What you will do:
- Generate leads for The Iron Yard through a variety of channels including student and alumni referrals, networking events, event promotion, social media, internal events, RFIs and other
- Nurture existing leads by creating and executing an effective cadence of followup and communication
- Answer general questions for potential students about educational programs, financial options, etc.
- Coordinate and lead campus tours
- Use SalesForce and other systems to track leads on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Move those leads through the information gathering process by proactively following up on a regular and consistent basis
- Determine what form and tone of communication is most appropriate for each individual candidate until they are ready to apply for one of our courses
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent
You might be a fit for the role if...
- You’re an experienced sales person who has continually and consistently maintained a high level of success (2+ years)
- You have strong lead generation experience (2+ years)
- You have experience making a high volume of outbound calls on a daily basis
- You’re goal oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment (sometimes spending upward of 80% of your day connecting with prospective students via phone, meetings and events)
- You’re willing to attend some community and campus events on evenings and weekends (average 1 night a week and 1 weekend day a month)
- You enjoy a challenge and are confident in your ability to increase student application rates
- You enjoy people and are a strong communicator
- You listen to understand your prospect’s needs so you can identify the best solution for them
- You have your own form of transportation and can attend events in various parts of your city
Bonus points if...
- You’re passionate about tech and building local tech communities
- You care deeply about making a difference in education
- You’ve got a sense of humor!
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- 100% paid medical benefits
- Competitive 401(k) program
- Flexible time/ vacation policy. We encourage (and almost demand) that staff take time off when they need to-- at least 2 weeks a year. Our policy is simple: Respect your team, don’t take advantage of the company and have a healthy work- life balance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/ Lifemart discounts
- Career development stipend
- The Iron Yard Assistance Program. Whether you’re buying a home, starting a college fund for your child, or are interested in exploring various counseling services, our confidential Assistance Program is available for your assistance at any time.